Friday 9 May 2014

Hult Reviews by Pranay Kumar, MBA 2008, Boston



Hult was chosen by me in 2007 for two reasons; 1) Boston 2) Multicultural, diverse class.

What I got was exponentially more. As I had gone there to learn and not to earn just a degree. Hults Professors were a surprise, especially in modules where one chooses the subjects one wish to pursue.I opted for New Product Development, International Negotiations ( Prof. Courtin ). These were people with decades of experience in different industries, some even advisers for companies like IBM, Philips and GE. 
During my time we had an option of doing a white paper. I did on Strategy of Solar Energy players. This resulted in honing my skills as an MBA, as a technologist and as marketer. Simplicity was reinforced by my guide Prof Courtin, who himself is bookworm and has led or advised around 30 companies in his young life of around 70 yrs.

But my best resources were my classmates. From 5 years to 22 years, from Peru to South Korea. I not only learnt domains but cultures, foods, innovations , soft skills like what to converse over a business deal in Brazil or Japan.

Professors were always eager to support and I had a good time eating their brains out on solutions, innovations and marketing of my company, Vasudha Projects.

Prof. Hitendra Patel's Innovation classes were super heavy, yet innovatively fun. Later I worked with him on a project of sustainability, which became the mainstay of our business with tagline, "sustainnovations". 

Our company has still not got into solar but new domains like Water treatment, waste management, Food processing all opened up due to my learning’s at Hult. We did a live project with CERA (Cambridge Energy Research Associate, one of the biggest energy consulting firm ) and I proposed water as a domain, which was later accepted by the board.

Besides that Boston as a city of Innovation and diversity itself was a huge learning experience for me. Shanghai in our 3rd module was icing on the cake.

Caution: if someone is looking for a visa of US or work in the countries of our 5 campuses or looking for big fat pay just after graduating, then Hult might not be the right place for you. This despite the fact that no business school will guarantee one with jobs. 
If you wish to learn and enjoy at the same time, Hult is the best place.


Click here for more Hult MBA Reviews  Or meet our Hult Alumni here.


No comments:

Post a Comment